Monday, August 21, 2006

New on the kiddie front

Lukas turned 7 months today. Still offically refusing the bottle so next week when I'm back at work will not be fun at all for Titi , his babysitter. tried baby food again today after a brief stint in Germany and then a two week hiatus. The peaches and bananas were a huge hit ,the avocado and zucchini made him gag and vomit. I'm really hoping he's not going to be a picky eater , but i have a slight premonition he might be. Maybe he just has a sweet tooth.
his favorite thing to do these days is crawl around and sample everything with his mouth. we especially need to be on shoe alert since that seems to be his number one attraction. WE.ve been keeping them in a box by the door that Luna will cover when she sees him crawl in their direction. He also likes to stand by the stove and watch the action.
Luna is just three going on thirty. She's reminding me all day of things I need to do, groceries we need to buy, and the laundry we need to pick up. Can you tell I've been doing my thinking aloud around her? She's also super into writing. She has a zillion little notebooks and pencils or markers and she imitates me making lists of things . She's always asking me what are you writing mama? She gets so excited when she recognizes a letter of the alphabet or spots a letter in her name in a different word. Lately she's really been into playing with her dolls. She'll play by herself- I hear her cooking for them, reading books to them, putting them to sleep, caring for them when theyre sick. It is so damn precious. Delicious. And in the past two months she's started to pick out her clothes. THat's another new development.Scrumptious.

No comments: